What is currently inside your home may be scarier than what is outside as Halloween draws near and “things bump in the night.” Indoor air pollution, in our opinion, is scarier than Halloween. Mr. Duct Cleaner is here for you whenever you notice that there is something creepy hiding in your ductwork. We put up Halloween decorations every fall, but have you ever considered the frightening contaminants hidden in your home? Your air ducts may be crawling with what we call “O.P.D.”— Other People’s Dust—whether you are just moving into a new house or have lived there for years. You can breathe dust, pet dander, dead skin cells, and other particles.
While some of the dust and grime that your air duct system circulates in your home may be visible, what you cannot see is much more terrifying. Many individuals are unaware that their air ducts could be home to bacteria, dust mites, mold, and even mice.
These are the warning signs for dirty ducts:
- Your home or system may have a mold problem.
Rodent and vermin-related issues start to show up.
- There are indications that insects might get into your ductwork and system and sometimes be scary, especially during Halloween.
- When you switch on your heating or air conditioning, you can see the dust and other debris streaming out of your vents.
These are just a few warning indicators you should watch out for. Additionally, we advise you to keep an eye out for excessive dust surrounding your air filter and darkening at the vents. Over time, your system ought to be able to keep itself clean, but ultimately it will become too complex. That is why you require professional cleaning services.
Now is a great time to lessen these creepy contaminants and improve your indoor air quality. The season for colds, flu, and allergies is here, and sanitizing and cleaning your ducting can help keep germs away. This is to ensure that you and your family are breathing in clean, fresh air given the additional time you will be spending indoors.
Is the spring season or the month of Halloween ideal for duct cleaning?
The ideal time to clean your air ducts is in the spring. It’s an excellent technique to prevent you and your family from breathing in microscopic dust, mold, or even mouse poop.
Now, it’s time to learn more about the whens and hows for duct cleaning services.
- Every three to five years in the spring, it is advised that you get your air ducts cleaned.
- After a significant home renovation, you should also arrange for duct cleaning because construction dust and debris will likely settle inside the ducting.
- If you’re moving into a new home, a thorough duct cleaning can make a huge difference to your health and comfort and your family.
- Dust, dirt, and other allergens are often removed from ducts using a spinning brush. After that, a strong vacuum is placed all around the duct entrance to securely remove the released contaminants. This apparatus is connected to a sizable hose that extends to an outdoor trash can.
- If your seasonal allergies are triggered or worsened indoors, or if there are signs of a bug infestation inside the ducts, you’ll know it’s time to clean them. Schedule a duct cleaning service immediately if you observe visible pet dander, dust, or pollen coming out of the ducts or detect a musty smell. Whether it’s fall during the Halloween season, hire a professional for quick solutions.
Although it is possible to clean your air ducts at any time, spring is the ideal time to do it. Having your ducts and vents cleaned in the spring will benefit homeowners. The first is that your HVAC system is essentially off due to the mild spring weather. Without interfering with your day, you can get them professionally cleaned and maintained. Thanks to this, you’ll be able to enjoy superior summer air quality without any interruptions. All winter dirt will also be eliminated. The winter heating might cause a lot of rats and insects to nest in the air ducts. A thorough cleaning will make it simple to get rid of any insects or other unpleasant animals from the ducts.
Schedule a dryer vent maintenance and air duct cleaning immediately if you notice any symptoms that indicate a need for one or want to lessen the number of toxins in your home. Our team is always available whenever you also need heating and air maintenance services.
Whether it’s cleaning your air ducts or installing a quality air purification system, we definitely have you covered this spooky season. Give us a call today to schedule an air duct service. We’d love to hear from you!